How to add the Proximity Sensor Widget to CapSense Tuner?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

I'm trying to use project CapSense_Tuner_EZI2C02 on my CY8CKIT-062-BLE to tune the board's proximity sensor.

I've tried the following

1. Add the proximity sensor to the project on CapSense's configuration on TopDesign.cysch;
  2. Set proximity sensor pin to P8.0;
  3. Build the project;
  4. Flash the board;
  5. Start CapSense Tuner by right clicking CapSense on TopDesign.cysch, and then clicking "Launch Tuner";
  6. On CapSense Tuner, configure I2C as following:
    1. I2C address: 8;
    2. Sub-address: 2-Bytes;
    3. 3.3 Volts;
    4. ON;
    5. I2C Speed: 400kHz.
  7. Hit "Connect".

However, I get the following error message: "Checksum mismatch for the data stored in the device and the data loaded to the Tuner (expected: 0xC3C2, obtained: 0xA7DC). Make sure the chip is programmed with the correct hex file and communication channel configuration is correct."

It is important to note that everything works perfectly when I don't change anything (proximity sensor not added).

1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to to make it work by creating a new CapSense_Tuner_EZI2C project in a new workspace.

Apparently, something happened in the other project/workspace that prevented me from using the proximity sensor.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

You can try to re-program the chip again, and check whether the error has disappear.

And what the I2C data rate in your tuner tool configure?

You can attached your project, I can try to test it.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to to make it work by creating a new CapSense_Tuner_EZI2C project in a new workspace.

Apparently, something happened in the other project/workspace that prevented me from using the proximity sensor.

0 Likes