Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC™ Creator & Designer

PeGu_352656
New Contributor

How can I see how much memory use the program from the MCU - flash and RAM ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
RodolfoGL
Employee

Currently, PSoC Creator 4.2 is not showing the total amount of SRAM/FLASH when compiling PSoC 6 projects.

The Software team is evaluating how to proper calculate the amount of memory. There are some complications when handling dual-core generated code.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Expert II

In Creator 4.1 after a successful build the required flash and sram amounts are presented in green colour in the notice list window.

Bob

0 Likes
PeGu_352656
New Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for fast reply. I have had to give more details. It is Creator 4.2 and I use PSoC6 development kit. There is no any info for the memory used.

pastedImage_0.png

I made one change in the source code, cleaned and rebuilt the project after this and the result was again the same - no info about the usage. I checked .rpt and .map files, but again there is no such an info!?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Expert II

Yes, that's why I mentioned 4.1

In 4.2 have a look at the Resource meter, there is a memory section.

Bob

0 Likes
PeGu_352656
New Contributor

Yes I looked, but I could not find there too

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
RodolfoGL
Employee

Currently, PSoC Creator 4.2 is not showing the total amount of SRAM/FLASH when compiling PSoC 6 projects.

The Software team is evaluating how to proper calculate the amount of memory. There are some complications when handling dual-core generated code.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PeGu_352656
New Contributor

OK,

But how can I have a feedback how much memory I have and how can I be sure that my code is not in critical levels?

It is very important issue for my project and I need to know somehow the memory usage, even with 5 to 10% tolerance.

0 Likes
RodolfoGL
Employee

You can take a look at the memory map files generated by Creator. They will list all variables allocated (SRAM and FLASH) and functions.

0 Likes
PeGu_352656
New Contributor

Thank you

0 Likes