File not found error / include path / unnecessary error marks

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hi,

I have a PSoC Creator Workspace with several projects. There are no dependancies between the projects, but they use common functions, etc collected into header files.

Those headers are located in the workspace root directory, one level above the project directory. The files are added to each projects header collection (Project-> Add existing item...), and the compiler custom search path is set to "${ProjectDir}\..\".

This enables the project to be build correctly, but the problem is that the code editor still complains that the file could not be found (error mark on the line with the #include statement). Also right-clicking on the statement and selecting "go to definition / declaration" doesn't work.

This is also true for the automatically generated files (e.g. project.h) as well as the symbols defined in headers, etc.

Is this a bug or do I have some wrong settings? For me, this behaviour is really annoying.

Regards,

Ralf

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Add the path in Build Settings -> Compiler->General -> Additional Include Directories.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Add the path in Build Settings -> Compiler->General -> Additional Include Directories.

Bob

0 Likes
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Bob,

as I wrote above, compiler search path already set up correctly, otherwise the project won't compile. But it seems that the editor window doesn't take notice of it.

Regards,

Ralf

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Are your "missing" files part of the project? This is what the IDE needs, so right click on "Header Files"->Add...->Existing Item and then select all your .h files the project needs. You may do something similar with "Source Files" and the .c sources.

Bob

0 Likes
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Bob,

sorry for the late reply. Yes, the "missing" files are part of the project tree. It seems that only the editor window itself doesn't recognize that the files are part of the project.

Regards,

Ralf

0 Likes
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

short update on this:

It seems that using '{ProjectDir}' in the path name will result in the above mentioned behavior. Removing it from the path name also removes the error mark. Seems that the editor window doesn't "understand" the '{ProjectDir}'.

Regards,

Ralf

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am getting encountered with a problem regarding installation of PSoC creator 3.3 CP3.

While installation when it installs PSoC creator data files it gives MSI error.

Please refer the attachment

Please reply ASAP.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Welcome in the forum.

Check your access rights on drive D which should be a real drive and not a network drive. Try to install as Admin.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

The drive is not a network drive. It is a real drive and the user which i am logged on is the administrator.

I have full rights. I tried installing as Admin but the error persists.

Need Urgent help to resolve this.

Thank you for the reply!

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Did you try (after a de-installation) to install at the defaulted location?

When all fails, get in contact with Cypress directly: At top of this page select "Design support -> Create a Support Case" and ask your question. You will be helped by a Cypress engineer.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
shuvra1
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 10 likes given 100 replies posted

Can you Replicate this project & send me the actual HEX file for PSoc 5LP Prototyping Kit??  Send it to -p20210447@hyderabad.bits-pilani.ac.in

0 Likes