Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC™ Creator & Designer

yufuc_4001031
New Contributor

I 've got CY8CKit - 149 and I tried Build by downloading "CE 220891 Capsens_with_Breathing_LED" from Code Example, but it does not work because I made a Build Failed.

The following error appears in the Notice List window.

”Build error: Hex file generation step failed, see output window for more information.”

Looking at the Output Window, I do not know where the problem is. Please tell me about the solution.

I tried reinstalling PSoc Creator etc, but there is no change in symptoms.

0 Likes
1 Solution
LinglingG_46

1: If you create a project by yourself, does it can generate the hex successfully?

2: Do you try to open another code example?

3: Could you give us your compile error message screen shot?

4: Which version of the creator you install?

5: You can try to download the install archive from the linker;https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/psoc-creator-software-archive

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LinglingG_46

1: If you create a project by yourself, does it can generate the hex successfully?

2: Do you try to open another code example?

3: Could you give us your compile error message screen shot?

4: Which version of the creator you install?

5: You can try to download the install archive from the linker;https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/psoc-creator-software-archive

View solution in original post

yufuc_4001031
New Contributor

Thanks for the advice.

After that, I tried variously and succeeded in Build when I changed the setting of "ARM GCC 5.4 - 2016 - q 2 - update \ Asemmbler \ General \ Surpress Warnings" to "True" on the "Build Setting" menu.

However, even if setting it back to "False", Build Failed will not be reproduced after that.

I do not understand why, but for now the problem has gone.

Thank you very much.