code and memory optimization differences between psoc creator 2.1 and 3.0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am working on a project using a PSoC3 device, (CY8C3244LTI-123), and began runnign out of memory.  I came accross an appnote titled, "PSoC3 - 8051 Code and Memory Optimization" (AN60630), where I learned about some internal memory that i could access by type deffing varialbe a certain way.  Making these changes helped me utilize some unused memory and gave me more room for coding some necessary updates to my project.  That was in Creator 2.0 and 2.1.  I have upgraded to Creator 3.0 and not I get an warnings when I compile where I use the 'bit' type def a 1 bit variable.  According to AN60630 this is doable and when using creator 2.0 and 2.1 it worked great.  Any ideas on why I get the warning I do since upgrading to version 3.0?

Warning reads, " type specifier missing, defaults to 'int' ".

Thanks...

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Yes, this are often errorneous warnings, will be changed with next version. Stick to the build-report.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Warnings (sometimes even errors) flagged in the code-editor for a PSoC3 are better taken as a hint only. Warnings (and errors) from the build-step are to be taken seriously and should be avoided.

Where do your warnings pop up?

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It shows as a small yellow triangle with an " ! " mark in it just to the left of the line number in the grey shaded column.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Yes, this are often errorneous warnings, will be changed with next version. Stick to the build-report.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  That is good to know.  I will look to see it go away in the next creator revision.

This also brings up another question I have.  If i need to repost it in another thread then let me know.  It is also regarding a warning but this one is in my "Notice List" tab, (see screen shot below).  It reads I have an interrupt clock tolerance issue with a uart block.  I'm targeting a rate of 38400 bits/second.  How can i get the tolerance in sync wtih my timing needs with making changes that will affect other parts of my application?

Thanks.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

This error, in general, means something in the clock chain does not meet

design settings or criteria.

Post a project archive and forum can assist you -

"File"                      Creator

"Create Workspace Bundle"

Use Internet Explorer or Firefox to post, Chrome does not seem to work.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes