The Power on Reset (POR) setting for each Port must match

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoBr_1593366
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 50 questions asked 100 replies posted

After disabling a pin, I got this error:

The Power on Reset (POR) setting for each Port must match between the Bootloadable (Application) and corresponding Bootloader projects. Port '1' has values 'Pulled Up' and 'Hi-Z Analog Unbuffered' between the projects respectively.

But all of the remaining pins in the Bootloadable are set to "Don't Care".  If I set one of the existing pins to Hi-Z, the error goes away.  If all the Bootloadable pins are set to Don't Care, then it shouldn't cause an error, it should just use the value that's set in the Bootloader.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

I am assuming that you are using a PSoC5 device. When the option is set to "Don't Care," the POR is determined by the physical port in which this Component is placed. If all of the placed pins in the port are set to "Don't Care," the default POR of the part (Hi-Z Analog) is used. Otherwise, whatever POR is specified for the other pins placed in that physical port (they must all match) is used for the ones set to "Don't Care." So if your project has other ports from the same pin with different drive mode this can be a problem. The project does not look for bootloader project when we set the drive mode, but the other pins the same port. That is the issue here. The best way might be to force the pin to be on the same state on both projects. The bootloader defines all of the NVL values because they must be set at programming time and can not be updated by the bootloadable design. The bootloadable must exactly match the bootloader for all NVL settings.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes

This is a PSoC3. 

If all of the placed pins in the port are set to "Don't Care," the default POR of the part (Hi-Z Analog) is used.

That doesn't seem to be true for PSoC3.  I had to manually set a pin to Hi-Z POR for it to stop giving the error.

Anyway, this should be considered a bug, because if all the pins say Don't Care, and it has a Bootloader, then it should use the Bootloader's settings, not Hi-Z.

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Jonathan,

Will you be able share your project to re-create the issue. We don't need the complete project, but just need the bit of the project to recreate the issue. In PSoC Creator ,  go to File -> Create Workspace Bundle -> Select minimal. Please attach the generated file.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes

No I can't share it, it's adapted from the project from CY8CKIT-033A

0 Likes