Location of USB-Serial configuration utility

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnRo_297691
Level 1
Level 1
        I can't for the life of me find where the Configuration Utility is located for the CY7C65211-24LTXI chip. This link http://www.cypress.com/?rID=83110 claims it is located at the top of the list but upon installing this there utility is nowhere to be found. I also can't find it anywhere on the Cypress website   
0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

The USB-Serial configuration utility is part of the install of the USB-Serial SDK Windows Installer & Configuration Utility 20 MB file in http://www.cypress.com/?rID=83110 (now the 2nd entry, but used to be the first) that download and the pdf linked below, require you to login to Cypress.

It only runs on Windows for what is worth, maybe the OP is looking for the tool on a different OS.

Download the USB-Serial Configuration Utility User Guide pdf file (5 entry on the list) for more information and software requirements.

One thing I find lacking on that page is the source code for the Windows SDK, they do have full source for Linux, MAC & Android but not windows.

I guess I could mess with pthreads and libusb and port the Linux one to Windows but then I will have to use a libusb generic driver I guess.

I will open a ticket since I want to use a custom CyI2cWrite function that streams data from a circular buffer instead of giving it a predetermined size. Reason being is that the I2C device (a 12bit DAC) supports a fast write mode and as long as you keep sending data it changes the output accordanly, otherwise I have to send it in chuncks and the interval within writes is too long.

Think of a > 100KHz ARB wave generator using an MCP4725, the delta between writes is 45.4ms with I2C set to 400KHz, each of those ramps is 4096 values from 0 to 4095 with an output between 0V to 5V.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Unless someone else can find it consider filing a CASE -

To create a technical or issue case at Cypress -

www.cypress.com

“Support”

“Technical Support”

“Create a Case”

You have to be registered on Cypress web site first.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The USB-Serial configuration utility is part of the install of the USB-Serial SDK Windows Installer & Configuration Utility 20 MB file in http://www.cypress.com/?rID=83110 (now the 2nd entry, but used to be the first) that download and the pdf linked below, require you to login to Cypress.

It only runs on Windows for what is worth, maybe the OP is looking for the tool on a different OS.

Download the USB-Serial Configuration Utility User Guide pdf file (5 entry on the list) for more information and software requirements.

One thing I find lacking on that page is the source code for the Windows SDK, they do have full source for Linux, MAC & Android but not windows.

I guess I could mess with pthreads and libusb and port the Linux one to Windows but then I will have to use a libusb generic driver I guess.

I will open a ticket since I want to use a custom CyI2cWrite function that streams data from a circular buffer instead of giving it a predetermined size. Reason being is that the I2C device (a 12bit DAC) supports a fast write mode and as long as you keep sending data it changes the output accordanly, otherwise I have to send it in chuncks and the interval within writes is too long.

Think of a > 100KHz ARB wave generator using an MCP4725, the delta between writes is 45.4ms with I2C set to 400KHz, each of those ramps is 4096 values from 0 to 4095 with an output between 0V to 5V.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

As a follow up, Cypress responded to the ticket within a few hours and provided the windows source, so all I had to do was ask 

0 Likes