Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC Creator & Designer Software

user_1669321
Contributor II

Hi,

Are there any plans to support C++ in PSoC Creator? I'm able to compile c++ using this method (https://blog.mbedded.ninja/programming/microcontrollers/psoc/using-cplusplus-with-psoc-creator/ ), but the IDE just highlights everything in red, thus making it useless for development.

Thanks,

Fred

1 Solution
DheerajK_81

Hello Fred,

There are no plans currently to support C++ in PSoC Creator. Also, there is no official support for C++.

The compilation will work with a few tweaks since the GNU Arm Toolchain allows you to compile C++ as well. That is why you see it compiling successfully, but the IDE doesn't recognize C++.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DheerajK_81

Hello Fred,

There are no plans currently to support C++ in PSoC Creator. Also, there is no official support for C++.

The compilation will work with a few tweaks since the GNU Arm Toolchain allows you to compile C++ as well. That is why you see it compiling successfully, but the IDE doesn't recognize C++.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

user_1669321
Contributor II

Thanks Dheeraj, that's what I was thinking.

0 Likes
Len_CONSULTRON
Honored Contributor II

Fred,

Do you have a simple Creator project using c++ that you can share?

I'm a curious guy.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
user_1669321
Contributor II

Hi Len,

I don't have a project, as I didn't pursue C++ on Creator once I figured how horrible development would be with it. I did manage to compile C++ files using the method posted in my first link.

0 Likes