Where can I find the different security modes on BLE?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaGa_4352226
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello Community,

I am new working with PSoC 6 and BLE. The security configuration of the BLE I found it can be either Mode 1 or Mode 2 but I dont know what these modes are. Futhermore, I want to use the encryption as security level but I dont have also information about it If you could provide me some Documentation about PSoC 6 and PSoC Creator, it would be great!

Thank you all

Regards,

David

0 Likes
1 Solution
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

Mode 1 is used in designs where data encryption is required. Whereas, Mode 2 is used in designs where data signing is required. You can find more details regarding BLE security modes from Bluetooth core specifications. You can download the specifications here.

To get started with PSoC 6 MCU BLE configuration and development, refer to https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an210781-getting-started-psoc-6-mcu-bluetoot...

The BLE Peripheral Driver Library (PDL) Component provides a comprehensive GUI-based configuration window to facilitate BLE application development. The component specific details are available here.

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

Mode 1 is used in designs where data encryption is required. Whereas, Mode 2 is used in designs where data signing is required. You can find more details regarding BLE security modes from Bluetooth core specifications. You can download the specifications here.

To get started with PSoC 6 MCU BLE configuration and development, refer to https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an210781-getting-started-psoc-6-mcu-bluetoot...

The BLE Peripheral Driver Library (PDL) Component provides a comprehensive GUI-based configuration window to facilitate BLE application development. The component specific details are available here.

Hope it helps!