Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 6

AlBo_1871926
New Contributor

Hello,

I need an advice on selecting the proper BLE profile. I'm new to BLE and a bit confused. So basically what I need is some kind of Bluetooth original SPP, but over BLE. In short, what I need is to exchange binary data between PSoC 63 device and iOS / Android or other device. There will be following communication channels:

PSoC 63 device [node] <---> iOS /  Android

PSoC 63 device [node] <---> Another device (non-PSoC)

In a both cases smartphone or non-PSoC device should connect to PSoC63 device and exchange some binary information. Serial over bluetooth will be just perfect here,  however, since BLE does not contain any serial-emulation profile, I don't know whether it will be better to choose from existing profile or create custom one. However, in case custom of one, how I will support it from mobile application (which, presumably, will be implemented in Xamarin). I'm very sorry for so broad [and for sure stupid] question, if there are anything to read on topic (or any even semi-working example), it could be nice if you could point to it.

Thanks in advance,

0 Likes
1 Solution
NazarP_56
Employee

Hi albo_1871926

You are right, SPP does not included in apopled BLE services. You should use Custom service, ti create you own service (e.g SPP).

Please review this topic:Psoc63 example with uart service BLE. It should be good point to start.

Regards,
Nazar

View solution in original post

2 Replies
NazarP_56
Employee

Hi albo_1871926

You are right, SPP does not included in apopled BLE services. You should use Custom service, ti create you own service (e.g SPP).

Please review this topic:Psoc63 example with uart service BLE. It should be good point to start.

Regards,
Nazar

View solution in original post

AlBo_1871926
New Contributor

Thank you so much!

0 Likes
Top labels