Question regarding what file in PSOC Creator reflects changes in PSOC hardware.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

Can anyone here explain whether there is any file in PSOC creator that reflects the HARDWARE changes in the PSOC?

For any change made in the code the bin file would change but I feel it doesn't mean that the hardware setup in the PSOC has changed.

Also, if I were to build a project. Then after deleting wires or components, rebuild the project.  And then revert back and build again.

Will the hardware setup within PSOC of the first and the last project be same i.e is the routing of the hardware done from the start ; every time I call the build command?

Or will it try to route the hardware based on last made changes?

I am using PSOC6 BLE board.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MeenakshiR_71
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hello neetusha26_1543836​,

To know if there is any change in the hardware routing, you can do a diff of the "cyfitter_cfg.c" file and check the "Cy_SystemInit" function. There will be "BS_UDB_.." arrays which capture the current UDB routing. Though it will be difficult to make sense of what the routing actually does from the code - it should be enough to see if the route changed or not.

Let me know if this helps or you have any further queries.

Regarding the routing algorithm, I am not sure if it is going to generate the same code for a given configuration - I would expect it to be same as cyfitter tries an optimal route for any routing (as the routing update happens for the whole configuration and not a diff from previous build). You should be able to confirm it with the above.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee

I am not sure how much this will be useful, but there is SVD file inside .cydsn folder which has all the component used details.

RPT file have the pin details under section "Pin Listing"

MeenakshiR_71
Employee
Employee

Hello neetusha26_1543836​,

To know if there is any change in the hardware routing, you can do a diff of the "cyfitter_cfg.c" file and check the "Cy_SystemInit" function. There will be "BS_UDB_.." arrays which capture the current UDB routing. Though it will be difficult to make sense of what the routing actually does from the code - it should be enough to see if the route changed or not.

Let me know if this helps or you have any further queries.

Regarding the routing algorithm, I am not sure if it is going to generate the same code for a given configuration - I would expect it to be same as cyfitter tries an optimal route for any routing (as the routing update happens for the whole configuration and not a diff from previous build). You should be able to confirm it with the above.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

0 Likes