PSOC6 CY8CPROTO with external I2C CapSense

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
theaaronm
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

I am working on a project and trying to interface the CY8CPROTO-063-BLE board with an external I2C CapSense buttons and slider. Should I use the built in CapSense module, or just I2C? Attached below is the module I am attempting to interface with. 

https://www.mikroe.com/capsense-click

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hari
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @theaaronm 

PSoC 63 BLE supports CapSense natively. So, you can use the built-in CapSense directly by having the sensors and routing them to the GPIOs in CY8CPROTO-063-BLE. Note that this kit does not have a CapSense sensor so this needs to be designed. 

I would recommend going for the built-in CapSense as PSoC 6 has an advanced CapSense IP and will be able to support corner cases in design as well.

Best regards, 
Hari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Hari

Hi @theaaronm 

PSoC 63 BLE supports CapSense natively. So, you can use the built-in CapSense directly by having the sensors and routing them to the GPIOs in CY8CPROTO-063-BLE. Note that this kit does not have a CapSense sensor so this needs to be designed. 

I would recommend going for the built-in CapSense as PSoC 6 has an advanced CapSense IP and will be able to support corner cases in design as well.

Best regards, 
Hari

0 Likes
theaaronm
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hi Hari,

Thank you for your advice! Does the PSoC6 allow for the ADC to be used at the same time as the CapSense button and sliders?

Thank you,

Aaron

0 Likes
Hari

Hi @theaaronm 

Yes, we can use CapSense and ADC together. Please take a look at this thread - https://community.infineon.com/t5/PSoC-6/CY8CPROTO-063-BLE-ADC-amp-CapSense/td-p/322415

Best regards, 
Hari

0 Likes