Can't Build Combined App0 and App1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RyWi_4724536
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

Following the instructions here: Generate Combined Hex File for PSoC 6 MCU Basic Device Firmware Update - KBA227138

Generate Combined Hex File for PSoC 6 MCU Basic Device Firmware Update - KBA227138

I get this error when I try to build app1(step 4):

'.\CortexM4\ARM_GCC_541\Debug\PSoC6DfuBasicApp101_merged.elf' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

This comes up when I add these lines to post_build_core1.bat:

@rem Merges App0 and App1 into a single hex file for easier programming

%CY_MCU_ELF_TOOL% -M %OUTPUT_DIR%\%PRJ_NAME%%ELF_EXT% ..\App0%ELF_EXT% --output

%OUTPUT_DIR%\%PRJ_NAME%_merged%ELF_EXT% --hex %OUTPUT_DIR%\%PRJ_NAME%.hex

I don't understand how the .bat file works... From the error it looks like it is trying to run PSoC6DfuBasicApp101_merged.elf as a command even though it is just a file.

Any ideas how to get these lines working?

I started with the example projects PSoC6DfuBasicApp0Uart01, and PSoC6DfuBasicApp101 for app0 and app1.

0 Likes
1 Solution
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

One of the way to generate the combined hex file of applications is as follows:

1. Copy the <Application_0>.elf and <Application_1>.elf to the bin folder of cymcuelftool as shown in the image below:

elf_folder.PNG

2. Open the command prompt from that folder and run the following command:

cymcuelftool.exe --merge <Application_0>.elf <Application_1>.elf.elf --output final.elf --hex final.hex

3. Running the above command will generate the combined hex which is named as "final.hex" in the above case.

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

2 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

One of the way to generate the combined hex file of applications is as follows:

1. Copy the <Application_0>.elf and <Application_1>.elf to the bin folder of cymcuelftool as shown in the image below:

elf_folder.PNG

2. Open the command prompt from that folder and run the following command:

cymcuelftool.exe --merge <Application_0>.elf <Application_1>.elf.elf --output final.elf --hex final.hex

3. Running the above command will generate the combined hex which is named as "final.hex" in the above case.

Thanks

Ganesh

That worked, thanks!

0 Likes