BLE Heart Rate Examples Getting Stuck

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RyWi_4724536
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 sign-ins

I am trying to set up CE217639 Heart Rate Client, and Heart Rate Server examples.

Only modification is I changed the Device to CY8C6347BZI-BLD54. When I run either example it gets stuck on Cy_BLE_Start(NULL); in main_cm0p.c

Chasing it down it goes into BLE.c, and gets stuck on the function apiResult = Cy_BLE_Enable();

This goes to cy_ble.c and gets stuck in apiResult = Cy_BLE_StackInit(&stackInitParam);

I have also tried CE217643 BLE Temperature Measurement and it gets stuck in the same place.

Any ideas why these examples are not working for me?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Please refer to the PSoC 63 device example schematic on page number 36 of the PSoC 63 family device datasheet and compare it with your schematic.

https://www.cypress.com/file/385921/download

1. The VDCDC power supply should be connected to VDDR1, VDDR2, and VDDR3.

2. The decoupling capacitors present on the various power pins are not according to the PSoC 63 device reference schematic.

Please make these changes and I am sure that you will not see any issue after that!

Thanks and regards

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Are you running the projects on your custom board? If yes, can you please attach the board schematic?

We have tested the server and Client code examples on the development kits and found that that the code examples are running fine. Please find the attached images.

Also, can you please check running other code examples like BLE_FindMe on the board and see if you are facing the same issue? 

Thanks and regards

Ganesh

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Ganesh,

I tried running the BLE_FindMe and it gets stuck at the same place.

I attached the schematic for the power supply. The GPIO are connected to another chip, but none are doing anything.

I tried using the Creator debugger and stepped through the code, but weirdly when I try to step in to the function apiResult = Cy_BLE_StackInit(&stackInitParam); in cy_ble.c it still skips over it, so I can't get any more detail as to where exactly it is breaking.

0 Likes

Hi,

Please refer to the PSoC 63 device example schematic on page number 36 of the PSoC 63 family device datasheet and compare it with your schematic.

https://www.cypress.com/file/385921/download

1. The VDCDC power supply should be connected to VDDR1, VDDR2, and VDDR3.

2. The decoupling capacitors present on the various power pins are not according to the PSoC 63 device reference schematic.

Please make these changes and I am sure that you will not see any issue after that!

Thanks and regards

Ganesh

0 Likes

Thank you! Good catch!

0 Likes