BLE Cause System Crash

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
sdkadu
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

I Designed this circuit based on the PSOC6 design guide.

sdkadu_0-1627278417692.png

Everything works well on this circuit except the BLE functionality. I made a FindMe program that works on the psoc 6 pioneer kit (powered by CY8C6347BZI-BLD53).  However, when I migrate it onto my own design, it does not work. Specifically, the program crashes when I start any BLE functionality, such as calling Cy_BLE_Start(0). More specifically,  when I call Cy_BLE_Start(0), other functions such as UART and blinky all stopped working. I tried to enter debug mode, but the play button for debugging is grayed out, and I can't even run the program in debugging mode. I have attached my FindMe project to this pose; any help will be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Please check the  load cap values appropriate to the crystal which you are using? I am assuming you do not have any external load caps on the board. If this still does not resolve the issue, try increasing the startup time of the crystal.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Yugandhar

Hello,

Could you please enable Alt HF in your design as shown in attached image. The Radio Controller block (RCB) requires ECO to be ON.
Please refer to the below thread link for more information.

https://community.cypress.com/t5/PSoC-6-MCU/Can-t-Start-BLE/td-p/142930

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Thank you for your reply, Though The same project works perfectly fine on the PSoC pioneer kit. Do you know why that is?

0 Likes
Yugandhar

Hello,

Please check the  load cap values appropriate to the crystal which you are using? I am assuming you do not have any external load caps on the board. If this still does not resolve the issue, try increasing the startup time of the crystal.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes