What is the delay - if any - between a DMA transfer and the output trigger?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ChRe_4711096
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Basically - the title. I'd like to know what the delay is between an actual DMA transfer (in my case: halfword-to-halfword) and the corresponding output trigger, if the DMA channel is configured to generate an output trigger.

The background is that I want to copy data to a UDB with a DMA channel, and I'd like to figure out if the UDB can do any sort of processing before the DMA channel's output trigger goes active.

0 Likes
1 Solution
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi ChRe_4711096​,

The delay between the transfer complete and the assertion of tr_out signal is 1 slow clock cycle (CLK_SLOW).

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

2 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

The DMA in PSoC is a dedicated engine works along with CPU. The delay between a DMA transfer and output signal would be very less. So there is no need to worry about this delay. For all the applications you can use the trigger signal output as a point to indicate that DMA is complete.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi ChRe_4711096​,

The delay between the transfer complete and the assertion of tr_out signal is 1 slow clock cycle (CLK_SLOW).

Regards,

Bragadeesh

Regards,
Bragadeesh