SMIF Broken

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TeMa_1467596
Level 5
Level 5
5 sign-ins 5 likes given First like received

I had a SMIF component in my project and I was getting help on the creation of a new 4 byte address version of the S25FL512S.cymem file which I saved into C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PDL\3.0.1\tools\win\smif_config\memory folder but now I can't build without errors with a statement that Creator can't find the cysmifcodegen.exe file (I get the same error when I try run>generate source code from the SMIF Configuration Tool).  I searched my whole C; drive and didn't find cysmifcodegen.exe

Is there a way to force the update of the component to recover this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

One other thing that people reading this need to be aware that can catch you out is that, if you delete and add in the SMIF module and then regenerate the code, the interrupt appears to be set to run from the m4 core by default; in my case I wanted it to run from the m0 core but there were no compile errors and that was a factor stopping it all working

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
TeMa_1467596
Level 5
Level 5
5 sign-ins 5 likes given First like received

So I (sort of) hacked/fixed this by copying the cysmifcodegen.exe file from another working system into C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PDL\3.0.1\tools\win\smif_config and that fixed the issue, I can also run>generate the source code from the SMIF Configuration Tool.

Scary!

0 Likes

One other thing that people reading this need to be aware that can catch you out is that, if you delete and add in the SMIF module and then regenerate the code, the interrupt appears to be set to run from the m4 core by default; in my case I wanted it to run from the m0 core but there were no compile errors and that was a factor stopping it all working

0 Likes