Re: PSOC5lp -> psoc5lp programming

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

krku,

You may want to check out this post:  esp32 bootloader

It appears one user may have solved the esp32 programming issue.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
5 Replies
krku_4752381
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hi, thank you so much for taking the time in replying. can you elaborate on the answer I have used the same code by modifying syntaxes for esp32 Arduino ide, but it is not able to achieve all the steps. can you suggest how can I move further.

0 Likes

krku,

I have only a relatively small knowledge about the ESP32.  I'm not sure how I can help you.  I was monitoring your original discussion about the ESP32 and the PSoC and found the link that MIGHT be related to your inquiry.

Len

Len
0 Likes

Hi krku_4752381​,

In your previous post, you mentioned that you were able to successfully program PSoC 5 LP device using another PSoC 5 LP. As you have a logic analyzer, comparing the traces to figure out at what point the process is failing might help.

Regards,

Rakshith

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

krku,

I would assume from your previous email the link I provided: esp32 bootloader​ did not help.

You might consider trying to contact the person in the link who got his/her ESP32 to program.  He/She might have some clues how to help you further.

Len

Len
0 Likes

Hello krku.

The 5LP tech ref manual (TRM) has very good info on how to establish a connection to 5LP, erasing, programming FLASH.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/technical-reference-manuals/psoc-5lp-architecture-trm

Look at Section G, chapter 39 and 41.  Concentrate on SWD interface.

For even more detail, with timing info, is found in 5LP programming document:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/programming-specifications/psoc-5lp-device-programming-specifi...

You should verify esp32 is meeting the setup and hold time specification on the SWDIO pin relative to the SWDCLK pin.  SWDIO timing is quite critical, especially when turning the direction of this bi-directional pin.

As Rakshith mentioned, you can compare 5LP to 5LP programming logic analyzer trace with that of esp32 to 5LP trace.  With the two documents listed here, you'll be able to find exactly where the SWD programming protocol fails (since these doc's also show a successful trace).

0 Likes