PSoC5 SPI interface with ethernet controller

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
guag_1662311
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First reply posted First question asked

I have developed a board using a CY8C5488AXI-LP120 psoc. I have an SPI host module set up in it to interface with a Micrel (now Microchip)

KSZ8851SNL Ethernet controller IC (which includes MAC and PHY layer functionality). At this time I only have to verify that the hardware is working. A full TCP/IP stack development will come later on. For the hardware test I believe that I only would need to return a ping packet initiated from a local network computer. Does anyone have experience with this Ethernet controller that can suggest how to set up the SPI for communication compatibility?

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received
0 Likes
2 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Adding ethernet to a PSoC3/5 design please see interaction#21

0 Likes

I have, since my first posting of the question, been able to get the psoc5 to reply to a ping request using the Micrel KSZ8851SNL Ethernet controller. Took a few iterations as this controller has a lot of feature settings that need to be configured correctly. With the ping request and the ping echo reply I have been able to verify the port's hardware design end-to-end.

0 Likes