Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 5, 3 & 1 MCU

DaHu_285096
Contributor II

Hi,

I have been working on a project for several days without issue and now I encounter and issue (Using Creator 3.3 S2, CY8C58XX controller).

First open project and run debug session - all ok, program compiles and parks yellow marker at start of main() ready to run

Run debugger and program executes ok.

Stop debugger and rerun, now program compiles and I see "running" status on status bar but hardware is not running. I get no opportunity to START  the debug session or set a breakpoint.

If I now either make a change in code OR do a Clean and build - the debugger runs normally for this session.

If I again stop and attempt to re-run the debugger, it again does not wait for me to start the session, it shows "running" status but gardware not running and cannot stop code at a breakpoint.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Expert II

I had rarely similar issues. I usually

• Rebooted PC
  •     
  • changed optimization to "none"
  •     
  • rebuilt project
  •     
  • (very rarely) check for clobbered stack
  •    

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Expert II

I had rarely similar issues. I usually

• Rebooted PC
  •     
  • changed optimization to "none"
  •     
  • rebuilt project
  •     
  • (very rarely) check for clobbered stack
  •    

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DaHu_285096
Contributor II

I'll try the reboot. I changed optimization to "none" in Compiler and Linker settings under the Gcc compiler. Is that all I need to remove optimisation?

Thanks again Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Expert II

I did not mean to change any linker optimization, sorry.

Bob

0 Likes