Where is Silicon device id

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello ALL

I started reading app note on Bootloaders. While bootloading the host requests for silicon id and revision matches.

So, where exactly is it present in the memory ....

0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

microHari,

When a Bootloadable project is built, *.CYACD file(a variant of hex file) is generated. The header of this file contains the silicon id and revision. This is checked before bootloading.

The header record format:

[4-byte SiliconID][1-byte SiliconRev][1-byte Checksum Type]

Regards,

srim

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a minute......

Actually host (which has bootloadable project) requests for Silicon id and silicon revision ....... am i right....

and the bootloader present in the say PSoC3/5 (host is comp) sends the Silicon id and revision to host.

So on the match of these the bootloadable project will be given to PSoC3/5... am i right....

So, what i want is from where does the bootloader fetch the silicon id and revision from.... flash or  rom...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

and .cyacd file is present in the bootloadable file which has silicon id and revision... and host gives this file....

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. The silicon ID and Rev are stored in registers( flash area of Bootloader in PSoC3/5) and these are compared against that in cyacd file. The bootloadable project stores these values while building. The comaparision looks like this:

if((CYDEV_CHIP_JTAG_ID)==siliconID && CYDEV_CHIP_REV_EXPECT==siliconRev)

{
//Bootload
}

else{
//Report silicon id/rev mismatch error
}

Hope this is clear to you.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

yup,,,

i found some info in device programming specification.......

There is some thing called meta data area in flash where all the info like id, revision are stored....

Thanks.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

I found it in the programming specifications -

Regards, Dana

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, on page 52 of the document Dana linked to. Hey Cypress, we need a way to rank and categorize some of these forum posts because I can easily see this one being useful to a lot of people. Or, would it be possible for us to create our own list of favorites or some kind of personal archive through our accounts?

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Its odd that this info is not in the TRM.......

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes