Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 5, 3 & 1 MCU

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are designing a system needing 2Ms/s sampling rate, but the PSOC 5 only have 700kbs/s. From the datasheet i can see it is based on a 14 Mhz clock, but what happens if you go to a higher clock.? I am pretty sure the accuracy will go down, but that is not so important in my case (6-7bit is fine). Can anybody tell me what will happen?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Usually there is no answer to a question that says "what happens if I use the device outside the spec?" The spec is there for a reason and that is how the device is tested. You can do your own characterization and share with the forum but I would be very surprised if Cypress or for that matter any other vendor would tell you you can use the part with 3x overclocking.

Sorry pal, if 2 MS/sec are required, you might need a stand alone ADC.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Expert II

It is like a sign telling "Keep off the Grass", you'll never be able to tell beforehand what will happen if you put up a tent there, but you can be darn sure that it will come out for nothing good...

Bob

0 Likes