Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 5, 3 & 1 MCU

ThBa_282891
New Contributor II

I do have a very easy task that is driving me CRAZY!!!

I want a pin that is high for a certain time, every time it got triggered by software.

My approach:

Take a counter, set a period, make it one-shot, connect TC to the Pin and reset it every time I want to trigger.

The component takes "one-shot" very serious and is only performing the operation once and I am not able to reset it. I tried different API-Calls but none of them worked... How to prepare the Counter for the next shot?

Its a quiet complex overall design, so I do not have the resources to introduce control-registers and stuff around the module, also it should be possible to trigger the next shot with a single call as the application is timing critical....

Regards,
Thomas

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Expert II

The problem might be that the reset signal is synchronous in nature, thus needing a clock pulse after applied and kept high for a certain time (see datasheet). You may use some FFs or a Pulse Converter component.

Bob

0 Likes
ThBa_282891
New Contributor II

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your answer.

Yes I have read about the FF story but I would expect that there is a way to do it without any additional components (using the API of the module). In the end it would be ok to use a control-reg or writing a small user-module but this issue bugs me and I want to solve it in Software (without setting registers manually 😉 

EDIT: The Pulse converter is actually exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

0 Likes
odissey1
Honored Contributor II

Borstenhorst,

here is a collection of 1-shot timers with examples, select one you like

http://www.cypress.com/forum/psoc-4-architecture/one-shot-timer-delayed-code-execution#comment-28650...

0 Likes
ThBa_282891
New Contributor II

Solved it with pulsed control-regs:

http://www.psoc-community.de/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=51&p=294#p294

0 Likes