Problem getting a temperautre, useing PT1000 Temperature sensor.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
user_3678521
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like given

Hello Cypress community,

Me and a friend is trying to use a PT1000, to measure the temperature in the room. But we are having some problems. Right now its just printing 0. AS you can see in the topdesign i'm useing the Thermistor and a RTD funcitons to measure the temperatur.

Do you guys have any suggestions, with this problem? I've postet the TopDesign and code.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
user_3678521
Level 3
Level 3

Okay i've solved the problem by only useing a ADC, and then use two 2k Ohm resistors.

Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hey,

In a quick review i saw that you used the variable VTherm in both the channels. Change first one to vRef. You should be getting proper result.

AMux_FastSelect(0);

ADC_StartConvert();

ADC_IsEndConversion(ADC_WAIT_FOR_RESULT);

vRef = ADC_GetResult32();

ADC_StopConvert();

Best Regards,
Vasanth

Thanks for the help, i've changed it but it doesn't give the right results..

0 Likes
JOLO_264146
Level 4
Level 4
First like received Welcome!

HI,

see https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-025-psoc-precision-analog-tempe...

Although is talking about P3, doing some changes in the FW (pins used, type of variables, etc), you can use it on P5LP

Note: I'm not sure the version of Creator used in the kit, but sure that's a old version. Download the ISO and extract only the FW (there are other info very useful also) it's not necessary to install the kit

B.R.

Gil

0 Likes
user_3678521
Level 3
Level 3

Here is some some pictures while debugging.test1.PNG60338607_329160037777890_851657612108759040_n.jpg

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi,

Keep the ADC in single sample mode as you are starting each conversion in firmware. First make sure that you are getting the ADC count for the input you are giving. Is your input is within the range of the ADC ( ±1.024 V (–Input ± Vref)?)

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes

Okay, but i have one more question, as you can see i use a RTD and Thermrisitor. But i can see that the Thermresistor have a getTemperature funciton? should i use that instead on the RTD getTemperatur? Does it make sense to even use a Thermresistor when i use a PT1000? Just some small questions i have.

Best Regards

Mads

0 Likes
user_3678521
Level 3
Level 3

Okay i've solved the problem by only useing a ADC, and then use two 2k Ohm resistors.

Thanks for the help!

0 Likes