Port Acquire Failed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I have a PSoC 5LP on a custom board, connected to my laptop through a USB cable. The drivers are installed properly, and the board is showing up in the device manager and bootloader host, connected to COM3. 

However      it's not being picked up when I try to enter Debug mode. The target screen is blank and I get a "Port Acquire Failed" message, telling me to check the cable connections and to close any other applications that might be using the port.

I've verified that I'm using the correct device from the Device Selector, I've tried rebooting, using different ports and cables, changing the baud rate, reinstalling PSoC creator and have even tried it on other computers with no luck so far.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Welcome in the forum!

You will need a special device when you want to debug your board. Usually a MinProg3 is used. Recently Cypress announced a PSoC5LP Prototype Kit which has got a snap-off module which is able to program and debug self-fabricated boards. Unfortionally this is out of stock at the moment.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Post you board schematic, that would be of help.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks     Bob, that was definitely the problem.

0 Likes