Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 5, 3 & 1 MCU

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
Can someone please help me, I would like to program the CY3271-EXP1 PSoC Weather Station board by using MiniProg3 so that I can take the reading of surrounding light intensity and then sent the reading through serial comms to an application I wrote and stored the data then draw it out into a graph. May I know if this is do-able using PSoC Creator 2.0 instead of PSoC Designer?? May i know how to setup the Weather Station with the miniprog3 and how to make the Weather Station Board work? I tried to connect Pin 1,3,5,7,9 of the Weather Station Board to the Miniprog3 5-Pin Interface but when i select debug target PSoC Creator 2.0 could not detect any device.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Expert II

It is not very helpful when you double-post your question in different forums, I'm sure you won't get better / faster answeres.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CY Kit 3271 is a PSoC1 based kit. PSoC Creator can be used to program PSoC3 and PSoC5 devices only. Yes you will definitely not be able to find a debug target from PSoC Creator when you connect to a 3271 because the device is not supported y the software. I believe that there is a dedicated weather monitor application associated with the kit if I am not wrong. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry about the double posting as i'm not sure where should i put my problem at. There is a dedicated software appliation that is provided to monitor the CY 32271-EXP1 and if i want to program something to it i understand that i have to use PSoC Designer. And i'm told that PSoC Designer only works with PSoC 1 and not PSoC 3. So if my development board is in PSoC 3 is there anyway things might works between PSoC3 and the CY3271-EXP1?

0 Likes