Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 5, 3 & 1 MCU

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been looking at the forums and tried multiple examples Importing a CyComponentLibrary, to be able to add code which doesn't get removed each time by the default library when I build. And no, the available areas to add code are not on the places I need. So I need to overide the standard library component.

I found a Cypress Tutorial video that shows how to import, but then I get many errors of double references. That video also shows that these components get added in a MyComponents in the Component catalog, which I assume is a tutorial from an old version of creator. As I only get Yellow errors in the added component in the Cypress Component catalog. 

I then found an other tutorial that renames the imported component and updates all the namespaces in each of the component files. to avaoid double references. I did this, but 2 errors  I can't solve: 

M0123: The type or namespace name 'ArrayEditor" does not exists in the namespace 'SystemComponentModel.Design' in cycdc,cs and cyaudio2_0.cs from the USBFS component.

Can anyone help me how to properly import a component from the library. It should be something simple no? I understand why, but it's very annoying it updates automatically the components. There should be just an auto on/off setting on each component for advanced programming.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SergiiV_71
Employee

Please, try following:

1. Open Build Settings of the project.
2. Select Customizer node in the tree.
3. Select Command Line Options field and paste /reference:System.Design.dll
4. Press OK. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
odissey1
Honored Contributor II
        Which component you trying import/modify?   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Imported the USBFS_v_3_10

0 Likes
SergiiV_71
Employee

Please, try following:

1. Open Build Settings of the project.
2. Select Customizer node in the tree.
3. Select Command Line Options field and paste /reference:System.Design.dll
4. Press OK.