Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 5, 3 & 1 MCU

RoBe_1502026
Contributor

Hi All,

Has anyone designed a psoc to read j1939 protocal over CAN?  

I have been looking an have not had any sucess. I know about the elm electronics chip, I would like to be able to do it without adding hardware to my project.

Best Regards,

Rob Berry

0 Likes
2 Replies
HeLi_263931
Honored Contributor II

Probably you should start with looking into the CAN component for PSoC. Maybe buy a CAN extension board (http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-017-canlin-expansion-board-kit ). When you succeed in that, its mostly a matter of decoding the actual protocol. Maybe you can find a library that uses other hardware that you can adopt?

0 Likes
RoBe_1502026
Contributor

hli,

Thanks for the reply and I am aware of the kit and I know of a hardware option as mentioned. I am looking to see if anyone has developed a j1939 app that does the querying and decoding. I know I could do it but why re-invent the wheel. Or is some have tried with no real success than I want to know.  I also need to look at time-vs-money on using the hardware option. 

0 Likes