Announcements
IMPORTANT: Cypress Developer Community is transitioning on October 20th. To learn more and be prepared for this change, check out our latest announcement.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSoC 5, 3 & 1 MCU

jakac_1482786
New Contributor II

I have been using PSoC5 for a series of scientific instruments, and I have noticed something strange- when I assign my I2C pins to ports0[0]-0[7], they don't work.  I have them pulled up.  Strangely, when I move them to pins 2.3 and 2.4 with absolutely no other changes in the code, the communication works properly.  I noticed something similar with SPI as well.  Creator doesn't seem to indicate that I shouldn't be using those pins for communications.  Can anyone tell me why this is happening.  It doesn't seem to be happening with a PSOC4M.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Expert II

Be aware that some of the pins are connected to bypass caps or use dedicated I/O functions. Have a look into the datasheet of the -059 Kit.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee

Please mention the PSOC5LP part no. specifically and also please share the project with us

0 Likes
jakac_1482786
New Contributor II

It is the CY8CKIT-059 board with the CY8C5888LTI-LP097 chip.  I have noticed this phenomenon with both SPI and I2C.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Expert II

Be aware that some of the pins are connected to bypass caps or use dedicated I/O functions. Have a look into the datasheet of the -059 Kit.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee

P3_2,P0_2, P0_3 and P0_4 these pins have bypass CAP connected.

& also P3_3, P3_2, P0_7, P0_6, P0_5, P0_4 pins are reserved for HW REV ID

jakac_1482786
New Contributor II

What is HW REV ID?

0 Likes