How to start communication between MSPaint and my PSoC5 DVK which registers as a hid device in PC?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everybody:

I want  to use my PSoC5 DVK which registers as a HID device in PC to communicate with MSPaint, and as you know MSPaint in windows7 surport multi-touch function, I want to use this function to test my touch based system, but i don't know how to  achieve this testing function. Can you give me some suggestion?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

As far as I know, after enumerating as a HID (human interface device) you must generate "Reports" for the actions you want to transmit to your host. As I've seen, windows seems to have lesser problems (or less?) than linux has got. The reports are strongly formatted data structures and are described similar as the USB-device descripion. I've not (yet) found a complete documentation, but a good guess will always be to ask mrs. google for "hid mouse format" which gives a reasonable number of links.

Happy Googling

Bob 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for you reply, I will gooling for some information!    

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are trying to implement multitoouch input and use it on Windows 7. It should be as simple as creating a HID report descriptor. You can create a HID device with Report descriptor as shown in the document that is attached. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear U2:

As you recommended above, I have created an HID report descriptor in my USB component under the following guidence file released by MS, but when i tranferred message to the MSpaint, MSpaint had no response to those message! and that is i can no nothing about it!

0 Likes