EZI2C_SetBuffer1 and EZI2C_SetAddress1 must be called after EZI2C_Start?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I set up a PSoC 3 with an EZI2C module following the various examples available.  I was able to read from it right away, but was unable to write to it, no matter what settings I changed on PSoC or the Raspberry Pi I'm using as master.  After hitting my head against the bench for a couple days and leaving it alone for the weekend I finally got the idea today to try calling EZI2C_SetBuffer1 after EZI2C_Start.  It worked!  It appears that EZI2C_SetAddress1 has the same restriction--it has to be called after EZI2C_Start to actually change the address. 

Should I have known about this for some reason?  Why do the examples call these functions before EZI2C_Start?  I'm posting both to get answers after being frustrated about this, and with the hopes that I save others the same frustration . . .

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShanmathiN_06
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hello,

Could you please let us know which code examples you were referring to?

Since you are using PSoC 3, I referred to CE95314 and Ezi2cDesign code examples (by navigating to PSoC creator-> File-> Code example).

In the above mentioned code examples, EZI2C_SetBuffer1() is called after EZI2C_Start().

Thanks,

Shanmathi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
ShanmathiN_06
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hello,

Could you please let us know which code examples you were referring to?

Since you are using PSoC 3, I referred to CE95314 and Ezi2cDesign code examples (by navigating to PSoC creator-> File-> Code example).

In the above mentioned code examples, EZI2C_SetBuffer1() is called after EZI2C_Start().

Thanks,

Shanmathi

0 Likes