Digital Filtering

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.

I am trying to create a program using the Psoc 5lp board. The exact board I am using is the CY8C5888LTI-LP097. I have been trying numerous examples of digital filtering. The first attempt I tried reading in an uint16 value from an ADC, sending that reading through a digital filtering equation that I derived myself. Next, I scaled that filtered 16 bit value to a uint8 value and used a WaveformDac to output the signal. This approach did not work as planned. After this I have tried the numerous examples using ADC to DMA to FILTER to VDAC and have failed each time.

If anybody has any suggestions I would appreciate hearing them. One thought is that this exact board is not capable of doing this.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

-Cory

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob,

I have found my problem and everything is fixed! Thank You so much for your help over the past few days!

-Cory

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Cory, you do not tell us which board you actually use. You name the chip, but you do not tell us which CY8CKIT-???? it is. Could be of some help, because some of the pins you're using might be occupied by a board specific function.

How are you equipped? Scope? Logic analyzer??

Please supply us with an actual project that you created, we'll have a look at. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob, my apologies. The board I'm using is CY8CKIT-059. Attached is my project as you asked for. I am testing by using a function generator with a DC offset of around 1 Volt and a 0.5Vpp sinewave at variable frequencies (to test filter). I use an o-scope to measure the input and output voltage waveforms. In this program I was using Pin_1 and "toggle" for debugging purposes.

Thanks

Cory

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Cory, you used the WaveDAC component which is designed to generate pre-defined output forms, change the component to a VDAC.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob,

I have found my problem and everything is fixed! Thank You so much for your help over the past few days!

-Cory

0 Likes

Hi Bob:

I may be trying the same thing you are. By the way what was the problem you found that fixed your problem.

Thanks,

George.

0 Likes

Hi George.

This thread is 4 years old, so I would suggest you to start a new thread with exact description what you want and what doesn't run. Always helpful is to upload a project archive. To do so, use

Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)

and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You are always welcome, Cory!

Bob

0 Likes