Demo-program on CY8CKIT-030

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

CY8CKIT-030 purchased with pre-programmed demo (ADC, LCD, Buttons, Capacitive).

Where I can find source of this demo? I found only examples of parts, but not a whole project 😞

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it is not installed, then you can download the Kit design files, documentation and Examples from the following location http://www.cypress.com/?rID=49524

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi hexus,

If you have installed PSoC Creator from the CD which was shipped along with the Kit, the example projects will be stored in the "Kits" section.

Once you open PSoC Creator, in the "Start Page" go to "Examples and Kits". Under the "Kits" tab you can find "PSoC 3 Development Kit" where the projects are listed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If it is not installed, then you can download the Kit design files, documentation and Examples from the following location http://www.cypress.com/?rID=49524

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hm. In installed pack only few kit-examples (5: ADC_DAC, CapSense, IntensityLED, LowPowerDemo, VoltageDisplay).

In nearly purchased KIT was pre-programmed demo with a few modes, demonstated LCD, ADC, CapSense, RS232, react on buttons, etc. Was bigger project, than in kit-examples (and simple examples) include.

Can somewhere there are source codes of this big kit-demo?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

There is another source for demos: when you placed a module, you may right-click it and select "find example project".

The real question to answer is: "WHAT DO YOU WANT?" Within the world of PSoC nearly everything is possible. Think for the PSoC sitting in the midst of a couple of sensors, actors and (hu)man - machine communication. You can start with some LEDs and/or a LCD, an accelerometer, a LDR, PTC, CapSense, 7-segment displays... and so on

So the first step for you might be: Define a project.

The sources for examples are not too difficult to elaborate yourself, and in case you got stuck, post a question, we'll help you.

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, I know about this examples.

I'm talk that there is some new demo pre-installed (not described in Getting Started). It has some several function modes, changes by button pressing, and good for exam almost whole board features.

But cannot find THIS source code in kit or examples search.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I assume that this demo is delivered with new DevKits (and here an old disk - with the Creator1.0).

But this demo isn't present even in the new CY8CKIT-030 PSoC 3 Development Kit Setup.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi hexus,

The .hex file for PSoC 3 self test is attached along with this comment. You can program this .hex file using PSoC Programmer.

lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sorry, .hex files can't be uploaded directly here. Hence, I have archived the file and attached the zip file. Please find the same.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot! Nice another one test.

Not exactly what I want/mean, but nice too 🙂 No source for this one?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hexus,

This is available for the PSoC 3 device when using CY8CKIT-001.

Only the hex file is available on the web page. I'll try to find out more about this.

The link for this is http://www.cypress.com/?rID=37464

Anonymous
Not applicable

dasg,

Thanks again 🙂 It's looks like nobody reflected to put out source codes 🙂

The demo with which I began conversation, probably exists only on new DK, without source codes. It is a pity certainly.

There is no problem, just want look by one eye, how a peoples make code. I might write same, but with another style of course.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi hexus,

I have attached the self test hex file.

Let me know if this is the one you were looking for.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi dasg!

Yes! Thank you very much!  Exact what I need!

If find source code for this test - I would be glad.

PS I'm  at the same time still learn of structure hex-file. It is a pity that programmer doesn't prog any dumb BIN in area of flash.

0 Likes