what's difference between Peripheral Driver Library 3.1.1 & Peripheral Driver Library 3.1.2?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
anzh_4716821
Level 2
Level 2
First like received First like given

when using Psoc Creator, it always comes out an alert notice to recommend updating the component from Peripheral Driver Library 3.1.1 to Peripheral Driver Library 3.1.2 , what's the difference between 3.1.1 & 3.1.2? which one is better to analyze the touch signal?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

You can find "pdl_release_notes.pdf" at C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PDL\3.1.2\doc.

There is a section "New Features", all I could find there was mention of BLE 2.5 though.

As there could be some more 'undocumented" bug-fixes included,

I would recommend you to use the newer one if you have choice.

moto

P.S. Just from my curiosity I ran the following shell script from Cygwin

cmd_pld.sh

===============

#!/bin/sh

old=/cygdrive/c/"Program Files (x86)"/Cypress/PDL/3.1.1

new=/cygdrive/c/"Program Files (x86)"/Cypress/PDL/3.1.2

# cd "$new"

for file in `cat filelist`

do

cd "$new"

cmp ./"$file" ../3.1.1/"$file"

done

===============

And there were 1382 files which have different part between 3.1.1 and 3.1.2 from 4710 files in 3.1.2.

So apparently there were more changes than the description of the release note.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

You can find "pdl_release_notes.pdf" at C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PDL\3.1.2\doc.

There is a section "New Features", all I could find there was mention of BLE 2.5 though.

As there could be some more 'undocumented" bug-fixes included,

I would recommend you to use the newer one if you have choice.

moto

P.S. Just from my curiosity I ran the following shell script from Cygwin

cmd_pld.sh

===============

#!/bin/sh

old=/cygdrive/c/"Program Files (x86)"/Cypress/PDL/3.1.1

new=/cygdrive/c/"Program Files (x86)"/Cypress/PDL/3.1.2

# cd "$new"

for file in `cat filelist`

do

cd "$new"

cmp ./"$file" ../3.1.1/"$file"

done

===============

And there were 1382 files which have different part between 3.1.1 and 3.1.2 from 4710 files in 3.1.2.

So apparently there were more changes than the description of the release note.

Dear Moto:

thanks so much for your sincere reply on 6/27.
It really helped us a lot to figure out CapSense6.0 in PDL3.1.1 & CapSense7.0 in PDL3.1.2 via your diff. comparasion tool.

could you help take a look at below newly posted contents (esp., its attachment file), we described our project in more detailed way.

what will be the side-effects if we disable IDAC auto-calibration and do manually setting on mudulat...

in this newly posted inquiry, it's about one of our CapSense tuning project which met obstacles at the end of June, and we're looking for its solving solution.

the first solution that we've tried is to update PDL library version according to your suggestion. later, we're still stuck in our tuning procedure.

but after several Cp tests such as "equivalent shunt capacitance test" & "compensation capacitance value test" , we seem that we get to know how to do the tuning.

instead of enabling IDAC auto-calibration, we did a manually setting on IDAC calibration parameters, now we'd like to know more about its side-effects and disadvantages of disabling IDAC auto-calibration which we should be pre-noticed before we fix down our parameters and deliver our touch sensing film and source codes to our enduser customer.

Sincerely waiting your reply~

MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9

Dear AnZh-san,

Thank you for your response.

Since some of my colleagues have more experience with CapSense than I have,

I asked them for help with your new question.

Meantime, if my previous response was helpful,

I would appreciate it if you could mark it as "Helpful" or "Correct Answer"

Best Regards,

9-Jul-2020

Motoo Tanaka

Dear Motoo:

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. all your answers are really helpful to us. thank you so much.
and I appreciate that you invited your team colleagues to help evaluate on our CapSense tuning project. I'll wait for their upcoming updates and sincere advices~

Thanks again~

Ann
9th July, 2020