Need to know whether CY5677 supports specific features

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
schiu
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

We are evaluating various bluetooth hardware options for a high volume project. Our requirements for our bluetooth solution are the following: 

1. Supports role as BLE central device
  2. Supports mode 1 level 4 security
  3. Can set I/O capabilities to either "KeyboardOnly" or "KeyboardDisplay"
  4. implements GATT client that supports
    1. Primary Service Discovery
    2. Characteristic Discovery
    3. Characteristic Descriptor
      Discovery
    4. Characteristic Value Notification
    5. Write Without Response

I understand that the CY5677 BLE can be programmed in PSOC creator using the BLE component which implements a BT 5.0 stack. However documentation does not go into detail which BT 5.0 optional features the components supports. Even though it supports a 5.0 stack, the requirements listed are considered non-mandatory for BT 5.0 qualification. 

Therefore my question is if the above features are supported by Cypress' BLE stack , and also, where can I find this information if it is documented

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

CY5677 CySmart BLE 4.2 USB Dongle is a BLE-to-USB bridge that uses Cypress's PSoC4 BLE (CY8C4248LQI-BL583). This dongle is mainly used with Cypress's CySmart Host Emulation Tool for Windows to test and debug BLE devices. 

The above features will be supported. For more information on list of features supported, you can refer to the BLE component datasheet from PSoC Creator.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

CY5677 CySmart BLE 4.2 USB Dongle is a BLE-to-USB bridge that uses Cypress's PSoC4 BLE (CY8C4248LQI-BL583). This dongle is mainly used with Cypress's CySmart Host Emulation Tool for Windows to test and debug BLE devices. 

The above features will be supported. For more information on list of features supported, you can refer to the BLE component datasheet from PSoC Creator.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

0 Likes