How can I gain access to SCB HW_UART RX/TX without going off-chip

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anybody ever had a need to connect the serial stream (both Tx & Rx) from a SCB Hardware Uart to internal logic for mux-ing demux-ing before sending to an external psoc pin?  I am struggling with how to do that since the HW_UART using an SCB goes directly to psoc external pin.  I could solve the problem by sending the signal back into the psoc on another pin but that would waste 2 pins.

The attachment shows what I'm trying to do...ie on the left is my HW_UART and on the right is an example of simple serial data routing logic.  I basically just want to go directly from the UART into my logic without having to go off-chip.  As you can see there is not a connection between the two because I don't know of a way to separate the SCB HW_UART away from the dedicated pin.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is pic of basic schematic

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

New pic is better example simplified by using simple mux/demux

I just need a method to tie Uart directly to mux/demux without going off chip?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Attaching as pdf

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

The SCB components in a PSoC4 use dedicated pins which cannot be captured and re-routed. You can only do what you want to is using an UDB based component.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very well.  I had hopes there was a way to get around that.

We wanted to save UDB resources for other uses.

Thank you for your help

0 Likes