Failed to initialize bootloader RAM .bss section, stuck in initializeBootloaderSRAM

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I have a fixed stack bootloadable project. It seems that upon entering the application, a hard fault happens on the line 

*dst = *src;

in Bootloader_Start_c. 

I'm wondering if anyone has seen this before and knows how to fix it? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi Hima, I think I have figured it out. I'll leave the solution here for anyone who's googling. 1. Make sure the heap and stack sizes are correctly configured. (0x800 for stack and 0x400 for heap) 2. Make sure to regenerate the linker symbols by running mk.bat every time the bootloader project is modified. Only then should you compile the application project. Thanks   

View solution in original post

3 Replies
himam_31
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hello,

Can you attach the project?

Thanks,

Hima

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi Hima, I think I have figured it out. I'll leave the solution here for anyone who's googling. 1. Make sure the heap and stack sizes are correctly configured. (0x800 for stack and 0x400 for heap) 2. Make sure to regenerate the linker symbols by running mk.bat every time the bootloader project is modified. Only then should you compile the application project. Thanks   
anfl_3572561
Level 1
Level 1

I had this same problem, my issue turned out to be a very stupid one - in the mk.bat file you need to specify debug vs release build configuration. Make sure line 64 has the correct selection.

set COMPILE_OPTION=%COMPILE_OPTION_DEBUG

or

set COMPILE_OPTION=%COMPILE_OPTION_RELEASE

0 Likes