Device Duplicates in Scan Results of C# Example Code MADY

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm working with the MADY40 C# example. I'm seeing some strange behavior where multiple identical instances of a device will show up in the scan list. This issue is intermittent.

Has anyone else seen this? 

Thank you!

Helen

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

The scanning operation itself for bluetooth will receive packets from every device every time it sends out a "scan" ping. It could very well be that you aren't filtering the scanning packets to ignore/discard repeated scan response packets from the device(s).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that's true; however, it appears that the packets are supposed to be filtered in the example:

BLEManager.StartScan(new CyBleScanSettings(CyScanType.PASSIVE_SCAN, DEFAULT_SCAN_INTERVAL, DEFAULT_SCAN_WINDOW, CyInitiatorAddrType.PUBLIC, CyScanInitiatorFilterPolicy.ACCEPT_ALL_ADV, CyDiscoveryType.OBSERVATION_PROCEDURE, DEFAULT_SCAN_TIMEOUT, CyScanDuplicateFilterPolicy.ENABLE_DUPLICATE_FILTERING), ScanCallBack);

CyScanDuplicateFilterPolicy.ENABLE_DUPLICATE_FILTERING should enable scan advertisement duplicate filtering.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm, I haven't run into this. Perhaps someone else has input? 🙂

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

So far I haven't seen this issue in that example. Have you done any modification to the project? If so what are those? Can you please attach your modified code here?

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I have not modified the project at all.

Thanks, Helen!

0 Likes