Unable to stablish connection using CYBLE 222014-01 Embedded on custom board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I am using CYBLE 222014-01 BLE module on my custom board which is connected to S12 freescale MCU using I2C bus. I followed the instructions from Getting started with CYBLE 222014-01 for FindMe application. I removed LED connections because my BLE module is not connected to LED directly and kept the code for BLE module. I programmed my BLE module using miniprog3. After switching off and On of board I am unable to find device name in Cysmart App.

I am unable to understand what is wrong going on. Is there any sample code available to stablish the connect.

Kindly provide the help

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Ibrahim,

I don't see any issue with this project and it is working fine at my side.

Are you putting the device in debug mode and using breakpoints ?

If yes,  please do not do so because you need to call CyBle_ProcessEvents() API at least once in an Advertisement or Connection interval.

Just program your device and see if the device is discover-able by a Client Device ( CySmart) 

-Gyan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Please make sure that your firmware is not stuck waiting on I2C transfer. Please share your project so that  I can have a look if anything is missing.

(Right Click on the project name -> Archive workspace)

-Gyan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gyan Chand thank you for quick reply.

I am very new to BLE work. In my project I dont have any I2C block. Do I need to add I2C block?. I will share my project with you, kindly have look on it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pleBsehuxoFOAzY9nmGQMOseZqmTWJEW

I have uploaded my project in google drive. You can download from above link.

My project is very simple call FindMe copied from Example codes.

0 Likes

In this project, the advertisement timeout ( Double Click on BLE component in Top Design -> GAP setting -> Advertisement Setting ) is set to 30 seconds. If you are not connecting the BLE Module device to CySmart for 30 seconds , Module will go to Low Power Stop Mode.

Below Code snippet from code puts the module in Stop Mode after Advertisement timeout-

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

case CYBLE_EVT_GAPP_ADVERTISEMENT_START_STOP:

if(CyBle_GetState() == CYBLE_STATE_DISCONNECTED)

{

/* Advertisement event timed out, go to low power

* mode (Stop mode) and wait for device reset

* event to wake up the device again */

Advertising_LED_Write(LED_OFF);

Disconnect_LED_Write(LED_ON);

CySysPmSetWakeupPolarity(CY_PM_STOP_WAKEUP_ACTIVE_HIGH);

CySysPmStop();

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Once the Module goes to stop  mode, you have to reset the Module to make it advertise again.

-> Also , please refer this link to set the captrim values for ECO before programming the Module.

ECO Capacitance Trim Values for EZ-BLE™ Modules - KBA218990

-Gyan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Gyan,

Thanks for your answer. I tried the procedure told by you but unfortunatly facing the same issue. I found one code from below site

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an96841-getting-started-ez-ble-creator-module...

File name: AN96841_Getting_Started_With_EZ-BLE_Module.zip

I have change the ECO trim value in common.h

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

#define CAPACITOR_TRIM_VALUE      0x0000A0A0; //CAP TRIM VALUE FOR EZ-BLE PRoC Module(MPN: CYBLE-222014-01)

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

And in StackEventHandler function wrote this line

CY_SYS_XTAL_BLERD_BB_XO_CAPTRIM_REG = CAPACITOR_TRIM_VALUE;

After debugging the code I am facing the issue at line 485 in BLE.c

apiResult = CyBle_StackInit(&CyBle_EventHandler, cyBle_stackMemoryRam,

CYBLE_STACK_RAM_SIZE - CYBLE_GATT_PREPARE_WRITE_BUFF_LEN, cyBle_stackDataBuff,

CYBLE_STACK_APP_MIN_POOL, NULL, 0u);

After this line debug cursor is not moving.

Can you suggest something

0 Likes

Hi Ibrahim,

I don't see any issue with this project and it is working fine at my side.

Are you putting the device in debug mode and using breakpoints ?

If yes,  please do not do so because you need to call CyBle_ProcessEvents() API at least once in an Advertisement or Connection interval.

Just program your device and see if the device is discover-able by a Client Device ( CySmart) 

-Gyan

0 Likes