USB PSoC 4 Bootloader Options for Macintosh?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ChGr_681881
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First reply posted First question asked

I'm developing a product using a USB PSoC 4 and I'll need to provide a way for customers to update firmare.

I know Cypress provides a USB HID bootloader client for Windows but not Mac.  However many potential customers use Macintosh and it's not realistic to expect them to buy Windows and run it in a partition just to update my product's firmware.

- Has anyone created a Mac port of the bootloader client?

- Is there a PSoC USB bootloader that enumerates as mass storage?  i.e. Where a file to be bootloaded is simply copied to the virtual drive on the host? This should work on either Windows or Mac with no need for a host program.

- Any other suggestions on how to enable Mac users to update PSoC firmware?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello,

PSoC Creator is only supported in windows. You will need VM software to run Creator on a MAC, however we do not support it officially.

We have a draft project for PSoC5LP enumerating as mass storage. Please note that this project is not 100% validated and can have issues.The project just enumerates as USB mass storage with a file in it. You can have a similar implementation for PSoC 4. The project does not contain the Bootloader part and you will need to add it on your own.

Thanks and Regards

Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello,

PSoC Creator is only supported in windows. You will need VM software to run Creator on a MAC, however we do not support it officially.

We have a draft project for PSoC5LP enumerating as mass storage. Please note that this project is not 100% validated and can have issues.The project just enumerates as USB mass storage with a file in it. You can have a similar implementation for PSoC 4. The project does not contain the Bootloader part and you will need to add it on your own.

Thanks and Regards

Ekta

0 Likes