Strange problem with bootloader component

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I get the following errors while compiling a project that contains a bunch of outputs and inputs, a UART component and a bootloadable component. The project bundle is attached.

This is the error I get.

Build error: address 0x9ba2 of .\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_493\Release\CY8CKIT-049-42XX_VGA.elf section `.text' is not within region `rom'

Build error: .\CortexM0\ARM_GCC_493\Release\CY8CKIT-049-42XX_VGA.elf section `.eh_frame' will not fit in region `rom'

Build error: section .cyloadablemeta loaded at [00007fc0,00007fff] overlaps section .text loaded at [00006a00,00009ba1]

Build error: region `rom' overflowed by 0 bytes

Now when I remove the bootloadable component there is no error, after a sucessfull build I paste the component back again, and then re-build, this time there is no error.

This happens after every three or four builds.

Please suggest a solution.

thanks

a

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Probably your path to the bootloader addresses a wrong file. The mention of "Release" in the error message makes me suspicius.

Another hint: You are not using the latest Creator version (3.3 CP1), there are updates for some components available.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob,

its working now, I updated the creater to the latest version, then changed the build to Debug instead of Release, also there was a problem with bootloadable component setting, the hex file being addressed was wrong.

Now its working perfectly, the build time is also fast

thanks

a

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You are always welcome, a.

Bob

0 Likes