My team and I are looking for a suitable Cypress Automotive MCU part for the following applications and features needed.
One of my clients is considering to replace a MLX81315 Melexis with a Cypress MCU part.
Smart LIN driver IC for DC, stepper, BLDC motors (MLX81310/15) #Melexis
There are available candidates listed on the left side block of the diagram above,
but I am here to ask for advice if there is any automotive quality Cypress MCU part suggestion adequate for the job.
The MCU part, that we seek, shall
-have the automotive quality.
- be used for the step motor starter application for "active grille shutters" (which help the vehicle's aerodynamic design).
- be used along with the LIN step motor gate driver from Infineon (see the blocks above).
- support LIN+SPI communication protocol
- have an equal or smaller packaging size with the products listed above preferably due to PCB size.
(S9S08SL8F1MTJ (TSSOP-20) / ATSAMHA1E15A-B(32-pin QFN) )
- have a relatively good delivery date in terms of logistics.
If you could suggest us the Cypress automotive part that fits the MCU part of the block, that would be really appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I see your description does not mention in which mode will the LIN in MCU be working. Will the MCU LIN work in Slave mode or Master mode? Is MLX81315 Melexis working as LIN Slave?
MCU LIN works in Slave mode. MLX81315 works as LIN slave.
Thank you for checking and your considerations.
I am still not clear about your answer. From your reply, are both the devices working in LIN Slave mode? My question is because I would recommend you to use an Automotive PSoC 4 which has support for a LIN slave. If that suits your application.
The Cypress MCU we are looking shall work as LIN Slave.
I am having a hard time picking a specific part that suits.
Please do me a favor and pick a specific automotive PSoC4 part number for the job.
Thank you for your reply Ronak and going extra mile for the help.