Pioneer Kit install under Windows Vista

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

One of my machines runs under Win Vista and I am not able to install all four needed drivers, only two of them get installed

When I connect the Kit to USB the files are searched in Windows Update... and not found.

Is there an alternate source where I can download the drivers from?

Bob

0 Likes
15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Bob, Please close all of your Cypress software and unplug all of your kits and programmers. Then please uninstall PSoC Programmer. Once uninstalled please navigate to the root installation directory for Cypress and make sure you clear out any old left behind folders for PSoC Programmer. Then please try to reinstall PSoC Programmer. www.cypress.com/go/psocprogrammer Once everything is installed then connect the Pioneer Kit. The first time the kit is connected may take a moment due to default windows settings. Windows defaults to looking to the web for new drivers, you'll see this running in your task bar at the bottom right. You can open this and see the driver install process. If this does not solve the issue please file a tech support case and we'll get you immediate support on your PC. See the link below and click the 'Create a MyCase' under the Technical Support section. http://www.cypress.com/?id=4 Thanks, Matthew Buza   
0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Thank you Matthew for your prompt reply.

Sounds a bit like a rather lenghty de- and re-installing job. I'll give that a try tomorrow 'cause its a bit late already (11pm).

I am a bit concerned weater it will work, since the system tried to install all four drivers but reclaimed not to have found two of them.

Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Update:

De- and Re-install did not work for me. Still "Kitprog Programmer" and "KitProg USBUART" drivers werte not found and installed.

Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Update 2:

After a complete de-install of every piece of Cypress software, deleting the remaining folders and manually deleting registry keys (many!!!!) that have survived the de-install I installed the pioneer's kit software and the drivers get installed fom "the pre-defined places" as the message tells and not from "Windows update" as before.

Now I am facing the problem that the Cy8C4245 device is "not in the Database" the Programmer reads a device code off the chip. Errormessage: error (100 - PSoC Device (04 C8 11 93) is not in the DataBase)

Any suggestions?

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

This points to the need for a comprehensive de-installer, especially in light

of an apparent interaction of different tools and drivers.

Also a log, .txt file, generated during an install, where drivers were taken from, where put...........

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Yes, Dana. Absolutely right, what would have been sufficent was a correct de-installation routine.

But,

Any suggestions to handle my actual problem? "Swiss time was running out" (Deep Purple, Smoke on the Water)

Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
        I'm still gnawing my nails over this problem. Nobody here with some help? (having AGAIN a small window) Bob   
0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Definitely post a CASE on this one.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
        I already did, but they are a bit slow with updating (due to local time? Bob (again small window)   
0 Likes
NamanJ_66
Employee
Employee
5 replies posted Welcome! First solution authored

Bob,

I think your problem is resolved in the case posted on Cypress website. If you are still facing problem then let me know.

We are working on improving the CyInstaller, but it will take some time for us to replace the current installer with new one.

--NAMN

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

@Namin,

nice to meet you here!

The cause of the problem was a leftover from some former installations or, rather, de-installations in the windows registry. Since I never only delete an installation but always use the de-installation feature this sometimes will not work, what reason it might be. So a routine that deletes EVERY trace of any Cypress software might be usefull do plough the grond for a complete re-installation (which I tried but did not work for the reason shown above).

Again, thank you for your competent help.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having trouble with my psoc 4.

Neither Windows 8 nor Vista home  recognize the board

when plugged in to USB port.

When I tried to install Programmer 3.18.1, both windows  rejected

saying  something  .."unable to obtain version number".

Any thought?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I started with PSoC Creator version 1 and kept my systems updated so far. In this process when versions became de-installed some registry entries remained which gave me the above error. I tried de-installing and manual deleting of regitry entries - but nothing helped. I created a MyCase and was helped within a few days (Time delay mostly caused by different time-zones)

I suggest you to create a MyCase (Support & Community -> Technical Support), address or name "Namin" who helped me very competent.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't install psoc ceator in  my computer  ; psoc creator error trn.M0004  this error  
poster

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

What OS runs on your PC? Can you provide us with the errormessage?

Bob

0 Likes