PSoC Broken?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TaGe_4284161
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

Hello ,

if I connect my PSoC(CY8CKIT-042-BLE) with my Lapotp,  LED1 and LED2 flash briefly. I can't connect my PSoC with my Laptop device. Do you know how to fix it? The Connection to my PSoC gets very hot after connecting the cable with my laptop.

Best Regards

0 Likes
14 Replies
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi Tarik,

Can you please refer to the below screenshot and let us know in which mode is your led blinking.

pin.PNG

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hi Alakananda,

LED is off. It just blink for 1-2 seconds, at the moment I connect it with USB.

Regards

Tarik

0 Likes

Hi Tarik,

Can yo please change your usb cable and check once and also try installing the psoc programmer once and check the status.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hi Alakananda,

I changed my USB-Cable and reinstall psoc Programmer. But it didn't work. I noticed, that the processor also gets hot, if the PSoC is connected with USB.

Regards

Tarik

0 Likes

Hi Tarik,

Can you please go to the device manager and uninstall the kit prog driver and reconnect the device,this will fix any driver issues.

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hi Alakananda,

I didn't find any kit prog driver at the device Manager.

Regards

Tarik

0 Likes

Hi Tarik,

Capture11.PNG

Can you see the above details in your device manager?

If not then there will be some problem related to kit prog.

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hi Alakananda,

i can't see this detail in my device manager. Instead of of KitProg --> unknown USB-Device. Do you think my PSoC broken.

Thanks and best regards

Tarik

0 Likes

Hi Tarik,

Can you please let us know which LED is OFF and which LED is ON or both are OFF.

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hi Alakananda,

Both are off. They just blink for 1-2 seconds, when I connect it to USB. But after that they are iff

Regards

Tarik

0 Likes

Hi Tarik,

Since you are telling both the LEDs are OFF, The power LED should not go off if it goes OFF then some component in PSOC might have been burnt.

Can you please go and refer the schematic of Psoc 042 and check the current flow path so that you might understand which component has been burnt or not working properly.

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes

Hi Alakananda,

My Pin to my PSoC is P0.0. I measure an Current and Voltage, but the Status and Power LED are off. And my Laptop can't connect to PSoC.

15662927290806337068426596966663.jpg

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hold SW1 the reset switch down for 10 Sec and see if that fixes it,

0 Likes

It didn't fixed it

0 Likes