PSOC4 BLE: Change hexfile values for Configuration of application on predefined adresses

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

following issue concerns me:

Our customers receive .hexfiles from us containing the whole application for an PSOC4. The application contains our knowledge, therefore we do not want the customer to get the source code of the application project.

With other microcontrollers, the customer could change parameters in hexfiles on negotiated adresses. But on PSOC4, hexfile merging or changing seems a bit more complex, since the hexfile is extended by the CyElfTool with further metadata. However, the PSOC Programmer returns an error when trying to load an adapted hexfile.

Are there any simple solutions, like re-calculating the metadata of a hexfile by the CyElftool after the customer changed some config values?

Thank you !

0 Likes
1 Solution

You can try the method suggested in this KBA for merging two elfs and creating a single combined hex file:

Combine Dual-application Bootloadable Hex Files for Production Programming– KBA224390

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Answering my own question:

The PSOC Programmer offers the CLI "Command Line Interface". A documentation can be found in PSOC Programmer:

help -->Documentation -->PSoC Programmer CLI User Guide

There I found the function "PSoC4_ProgramRowFromHex(IN rowID)".

I will try this and report the result soon.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, there are 2 findings with PSOC Programmer CLI:

1) The desired way fails when trying to merge 2 Hexfiles and use PSoC4_ProgramRowFromHex(IN rowID). The CLI seems to need a hexfile created by elftool with the elftool metadata. It works, if I take a hexfile created by a elftool, but it fails, if I merge the hexfile with another one with config data.

2) There's another CLI function called PSoC4_ProgramRow(). It works fine, the row data can easily overwirtten by a customer with configdata.

Well the first way, I think, would be more general for different controller-manufacterer. Just merge two hexfiles.

If there are any possibilities to merge a program-hexfile and a configdata-hexfile, with correct elftool-injections, please let me know.

0 Likes

You can try the method suggested in this KBA for merging two elfs and creating a single combined hex file:

Combine Dual-application Bootloadable Hex Files for Production Programming– KBA224390

0 Likes