PRS component is not compiling in PSoC4 default device.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

1.  PRS component is not compiling in PSoC4 default device.

Compilation error message: 

.\Generated_Source\PSoC4\PRS_SingleStep.h:609:61: error: 'PRS_SingleStep_ClkSp_CtrlReg__CONTROL_REG' undeclared (first use in this function)

2. Is there any application project for playing audio file using PRS component on PSoC3/4/5?

If yes, please share the project.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

PRS stands for "Pseudo Random Sequence" and imho has nothing to do with playing audio.

When a component refeuses to compile I would suggest you to post the complete project so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is an old app notes. Playing WAV Files with a PSoC Device - AN13945.

Also when to use section in prs data sheet mention the sound application.

I feel more comfortable with digital comp rather than idac for no. of reasons. That's why I am trying to find alternative of idac.

2. Just try to compile default config of prs comp in psoc4, if not able to reproduce, than I will provide the project.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Is this a problem of the name assigned to the PRS, eg. should

PRS_SingleStep_ClkSp_CtrlReg__CONTROL_REG be changed to

PRS_1_SingleStep_ClkSp_CtrlReg__CONTROL_REG

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hai, If possible, please share your project, so we will try to reproduce the issue here. In the application note, it is mentioned that PRS is used to play the .wav file. In PSoC4 PRS, bitstream is used as output. Please can use RC filter at the output of bitstream to get the analog output. 

Regards, Ramesh B

0 Likes