New chip unable to be programmed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Mrinal
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

The builtin chip in my psoc-4 development board (25$) got shorted out. I changed it with a new one.

Now this chip is not being programmed. The device is being shown in the programming window, but it says " The target device is already in use by another client" and also there's another message "The device was recognized. But Creator does not support programming it at this time"

Please help

0 Likes
5 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

No chance you also shorted out/damaged the PSOC 5LP which is the

chip used to debug/program PSOC 4 ?

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably no.

I short circuited two output pins generating PWMs. The PSOC 4 chip on the development board became hot and Creator stopped detecting the chip. I changed it, Creator detects it now but it says the device is already being used by some other client.

I read someone else had the same problem and suggested to program the chip once with the psoc programmer stand alone app, and then it can be normally programmed by Creator. I generated a simple hex file by compiling a blank project, the programmer app says "the hex file doesnt match with the acquired device"

The programmer app can however read the device successfully.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Looks as if the new chip is a different type. Open your project, go to "Select debug target" and check if it is the same as in your project selected.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem is fixed! 🙂

Thanks!

After programming the device once by the stand alone programmer app, it now being programmed successfully by Creator.

Thanks Bob! The new chip that I had mounted was different from the one that was provided in the development board.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Glad to have hinted you in the right direction!

Bob

0 Likes