Need to receive data in Unconfigured SCB Component which is configured as UART in Firmware?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am a newbie to the Cypress I have learned how to use the UART But need to use the Unconfigured SCB Component for my project. While Transmitiing I can't Transmit the entire string using SCB_1_UartPutString() command so I split the string into datas and then checked by transmitting I got the output. But while receiving I am not getiing the desired output.

In the output code the command used to receive the data is s=SCB_1_UartGetChar() and then Again for retransmitting the data to see the output using tera term is SCB_1_UartPutChar(s)

0 Likes
8 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Can you please post your complete project or a shortened version that shows the error so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use

Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)

and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here I have archieved my project and attached it. While transmitting Numbers the output is file for getting and receiving and also need help in adding the Interrupt in the SCB component

0 Likes

I am assuming you are using a CY8CKIT-042 Pioneer Kit. Is that right?

Did you make the required connections as shown on page 71 in the kit guide?

You should use the #defined constants for the initialization. I started to put them into your struct but found a wrong value for oversampling. should be 16, but is 13. can you continue replacing your struct values?

SCB_1_UART_INIT_STRUCT config=

{

SCB_1_UART_MODE_STD,SCB_1_UART_TX_RX,0x08u,SCB_1_UART_PARITY_EVEN,

SCB_1_UART_STOP_BITS_2,13u,0u,0u,0u,0u,0u,0u,0u,UART_RX_BUFFER_SIZE,

UART_RX_BUFER_PTR,UART_TX_BUFFER_SIZE,UART_TX_BUFER_PTR,0u,0u,

0u,0u,1u,UART_RX_INTR_MASK,0u,0u,0u,0u,0u,0u,0u,0u

};

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob,

I am not Using CY8CKIT-042. Its a development Board designed outside using Cypress IC. However while using the Sampling Rate as 13 if I am Passing a string I am getting the desired Output and works fine on passing whatever the string is. However the problem is in the receiver part.

When I go through the design of Cy8CKIT-030 on the receiver end there is 100 ohm connected to it (i.e. from Rx Pin In development kit to Max232.). Can I know the purpose of using 100Ohm on receiver part alone?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep,

Finally got the Output. The issue is while using the baud rates of 9600 & 14400, but when I use baud rates above 14400 I can transmit and receive properly.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If any one can help me in the Unconfigured SCB using Rx Interrupt.

I need to know how to set the interrupt as SCB_INTR_RX_NOT_EMPTY and when  received any data need to transmit

Thank You

0 Likes

There is simple example of using Fixed Fiction UART Rx port ( PSoC4 ) for receiving control messages from terminal. Check if it fits

http://www.cypress.com/comment/389231#comment-389231

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

That doesn't fits the case. In that Example the UART(SCB) had been used, but I need help in using Interrupt in unconfigured Mode.

Thanks for the reply.

0 Likes