Emulated EEPROM for PSoC 4100S family?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apologize in advance, if this is a dumb question, but I am using a CY8C4146LQI-S432 for a new design.  I cannot find an Emulated Eeprom block available in PSoC Creator.  I also can't find any indication in the datasheet or reference manual about writing to the PSoC flash.

My question is, is there any way to store a few variables in the flash memory (either using some kind of flash-writing commands or an emulated eeprom function) for these 4100S family parts?

If anyone has done this, or knows the correct documentation/examples that can show me how, I would appreciate any information.  Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your values do not change often, just use flash writing API in the SROM (see family TRM for docs). If they change a lot, you'll want to add wear leveling and it gets more hairy.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks.  Also, it looks like I may be able to use the "CySysFlashWriteRow" function, to write to a row of flash.  That might work for my application, too.

0 Likes

Hi,

The PSoC 4 BLE family of devices of come in two memory variants, with 128 KB or 256 KB Flash. In addition to the Flash memory, these devices also have a small amount of Supervisory Flash (SFlash) which is not overwritten during a typical programming cycle and can be used to store manufacturer-specific data. Check File -> Example code, "Sfalsh". The example code can be a good starting point.

0 Likes