Do we have hardware control of BLE PROC GPIO pins

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in "learn mode" and currently seeing where I get when testing out PSoC101 training video examples using a BLE PROC module. I'm expecting some incompatibilities. Is this one of them.

I'm on lesson 4 (Hardware pins) and found that this would not work for me as get the following error when compiling: "Pin guidance unavailable: 'Pin_SW1(0)' cannot be placed at P4[1]. P4 cannot be used for routed connections. "

Just wondering whether this is an error on my part with my TopDesign schematic or whether this is a limitation with BLE PROC itself.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Just wondering whether this is an error on my part with my TopDesign schematic or whether this is a limitation with BLE PROC itself.I

Neither. The PSoC4 and PRoC have restrictions with routing signals to ports >= 4. When you remove the hardware connection from the pin component you will be able to assign it to a port 4 pin.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow would never have worked this one out. Pretty awesome. Have reconfigured my switch to P0.4 and it works! Thanks again.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You are always welcome!

Bob

0 Likes